"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Friday, October 8, 2010

You Won't Believe This is Paper

WOW. Wow wow wow. I cannot believe these are made with PAPER. 
(Photos from www.artyulia.com. I first learned of this amazing lady from the blog Paper and Stitch.)

I'll wait while you pick your jaw up off the floor. I thought I paid attention to detail, but it is clearly evident I was wrong. Very wrong. These are done by artist Yulia Brodskaya. You must check out her website for many, many more examples of her stunning work. I have a ton of questions about these things. Looks like it's research time. Another interesting thing I noticed on her site: she often combines photos of her paper work with graphic design. It creates such a unique, seamless feel. BRILLIANT. 

And I also can't help wondering...how many paper cuts would one receive making art like this? 



1 comment:

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...