"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

There have been a lot of photos circulating in the blog/online world lately and now I get to add my own. I don't remember the last time I went to pick out pumpkins, and I must say, it's a fairly anti-climactic adventure. Especially when you don't actually go out in the field to snag one, but rather point at one that's already been picked and then have your husband pick it up and cart it away. 
My big strong man holding the ridiculously heavy pumpkins. :)
The original plan was to head to the nature center to get a family photo for Mary and Brad. And some pictures of where they had their wedding with the fall colors. But that didn't quite work out. So we tried some family photos in the midst of kid/pumpkin craziness. Lovely results Gaertners! 
Beautiful family.
We decided Garfunkle needed some artistic shots in the pumpkins. He gamely put on his modeling face.

And what was perhaps my most favorite part of pumpkins....the baby pumpkins!!! It doesn't get any cuter than a big pile of baby pumpkins with gigantic stems. We got one for Finny and one for Vivy. Finny has been gnawing on the stems since we brought them home. 
I'm 100% positive it doesn't get any cuter than this. 
And finally, we went back to Mary and Brads and ordered some pizza and made some spiked apple cider. It was AMAZING. I made a spiced butter that we put into the simmering cider and stirred until it melted. Add a little rum and you're good to go. We drank our dessert for sure. The cider was so thick and rich. Absolutely delicious. After work today I made another stick of spiced butter and put it on a slice of warm homemade bread. WOW is all I can say. Here's a photo of one of my favorite baking ingredient combinations: butter and brown sugar. 
We ended up eating quite a bit of the spiced butter before it actually went into the cider. So good. 
Brian and I are really terrible at documenting our lives together. Maybe I'll make that a New Years Resolution this year or something. We did get several photos together that turned out surprisingly well (with our carefully chosen pumpkins of course). Tomorrow is Wednesday when I'm supposed to post, but MAN do I have a ton of cards to make (like....60...) so I'll probably be sharing more of life again on Friday. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...