"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving With Friends

Last weekend we had a special Thanksgiving with friends. It's become somewhat of a tradition to have "family holiday" meals at Adam's house. It started in June when it was decided if a turkey wasn't cooked soon it might go bad. So Adam decided to host a Thanksgiving dinner in June. Everyone brought side dishes and we went around the table and said what we were thankful for. Pretty awesome. And then we decided that we needed to do this more often! And I just happened to have a ham in the freezer that needed to be cooked, which led to Christmas dinner in July. Complete with a white elephant gift exchange and ugly Christmas sweaters. :) We were going to continue through to holidays but then real life caught up with us all. So this past weekend we decided to have the real Thanksgiving meal at the appropriate time of year. 
We ended up with 12 people once Jackie arrived--biggest turnout yet!
The funny thing about these dinners is it always makes me feel like we're playing grown up. And I seriously think it's because nobody's parents are there! It sound so strange but I just really love that there's another great group of friends who all like doing things like this. And really over half of the people in this photo I've met in the last year! How fun is that? 
Tyler was in town from C-bus! And there's my lovely roomie of course.
I have now had 3 Thanksgiving dinners in the past week (friends, work, and family) and I've not had Turkey at any of them! When I was preparing my turkey today, the only thing I could think of was how big the breasts were, and how the turkey probably could barely even walk because it's been genetically engineered to grow breast muscle faster than its bones can grow to support its body. Of course I don't know that about this particular turkey, but not knowing is all I need to know. 
Can you believe there isn't any meat on this delicious plate? 
After dinner the boys went and bought some dice and tried to teach us Bunko, which is supposed to be a really easy game. 

But only about half of us actually understood the instructions (whether this was due to the wine or the explanation I have no idea). So we resorted to the perennial favorite--beer pong in the basement. :) Is there a traditional Xmas dinner in our future next month? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...