"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grammar Nazis, This One's For You

Do you love finding errors in published things, because it validates to you that you can copyedit and proofread with the best of them, and probably for a living? Do you mark up fliers and books and other random things with editing marks as you read, no matter that nobody will ever see those marks? Does it make you want to hurt someone when people send formal emails typed with texting/cellphone lingo? Have you been told you could find an unintended second space between two words from outer space without the help of any optical device? Do you know that there is a difference between THEIR and THERE and how to correctly use those words? Then, my friend, you MUST read this amazing post about the mythical Alot.

You're welome Alot.

2 comments:

  1. Even though I don't proofread or edit for a living, I'm constantly correctly grammatical errors in everything I see.
    Sigh. That was nice.
    I'm going to chuckle everytime I see "alot".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I LOVE the Alot! It makes me so happy that you shared it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...