"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Friday, November 19, 2010

Put it all on the Table

For the past six weeks at church we've been talking about putting everything on the table. All our possessions, jobs, spouse, pets, kids, house. EVERYTHING. On the table. It means that you're putting it all on the table for God. You're saying, "Hey, I realize you gave this to me because you're kind and you love me and you can have it back whenever you decide you want it back...because it's not even mine to begin with!"
Nope. This handsome man is not mine. On the table, Brian! 
Isn't that mind boggling? It's something I've really latched on to. I am such a control freak about life. I want to plan every detail of everything. I make to-do lists. And then sometimes I add things to the list I've already done just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off. I've tried so hard to mellow out and not be a worrier or a planner and just let things happen. Not be so disappointed when plans go differently. But nothing I've tried or thought has really worked, until now. 

My little babies. On the table. 
Things have just really seemed to click. I'm excited about the future. I'm excited to see what happens. I'm excited to see what is in store for me. I wonder if doors will be closed, and if God will open others for me. Or not! Who says He has to open other doors? I personally believe that no matter what happens, ever, under any circumstances, there will be something for me later. Maybe it will be better or more fulfilling or more fun than what I'm experiencing right now. Who knows. But right now the anticipation of what could be in store for me is just amazing. I'm so excited for life right now. 


Lovely apartment. On the table.
I think part of my excitement is because I just finished reading The Shack with our small group. That book has given me so much to think about. The ideas the author lays out really resonated with me. I love all the images he describes, and his interpretation of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I really need to read it again. I think I'll get even more out of it the next time. So that book combined with our recent 6-week journey at church has really given me a wonderful perspective on life. And I think it's prepared me for whatever life or God might want to throw my way--or take off the table. 
It's only just begun! But it's on the table. 
So yay for life. And yay for choices. And yay for having no control over anything that happens to me, ever. :) I can just sit back and relax and enjoy life while God figures it all out. Have a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...