"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Well, hello there.

Hi.... remember me? I used to write here often. And then life got CRAZY. I mean seriously crazy. Here's a crash course on what you've missed. Now that my office is clean (a 7+ hour project I will not be reliving in blog world) I hope that I'll be able to get to more detailed posts about each of these soon! 

1) I have let my Etsy shop go. I still make cards. I still sell cards. But it's more for people who know me and what I make or the random Etsy shopper who stumbles across a sold item of mine. This is sad, yes, but see #2 for why it's also awesome. 

2) I now sell Mary Kay!! We decided that in order for me to do Mary Kay, something had to go. I am just way too busy and over-committed. The card shop was the thing that went. And honestly, I'm okay with it. Mary Kay is an amazing company to be a part of. And I'm making excellent money doing something that hardly ever feels like real "work." 

3) Brian left for tour with the Blue Stars Drum Corps on June 14th and I joined him in Texas on the 17th for 10 days on tour. I was home for a few days and then back again for another 5 days over July 4th weekend/week. Then 11 days without Brian, home alone (NOT FUN). And now he's back home for 3 weeks of La Salle's band camp before we both head to Indy for DCI finals mid-August. 

4) We booked a cruise!!!! Since drum corps and marching band are going to pretty much flow one to the other seamlessly this year, we're not going to get much of a break until the third week of November. (Or see each other for that matter) We have booked a cruise over the week of Thanksgiving. Six nights of awesomeness on Royal Caribbean for just the two of us! Cannot wait. 

5) I did some redecorating and reorganizing since we're going to be staying in this apartment for another year. Our "closet" now looks like it could have come form an Organized Living catalog and I own tulip lampshades and area rugs. Amazing. 

6) I discovered (thanks to Mary's help) the most amazing banana pudding dessert ever. Possibly one of the most amazing desserts ever period. And really, really easy to make. 

Those are pretty much the highlights of the last 3-4 months. I've been absent for so long it's been living visiting someone else's blog looking through all my previous posts. 

Hope all is well in your worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...