"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My First Commission

So yesterday my lovely friend Mary stopped by to see the new apartment, and asked if I would make her food place cards for her housewarming party this weekend. How exciting is that?! We had paper picked out within approximately 3 minutes, and I finished them up about an hour ago. Here's some photos for your enjoyment: 







HOW-TO: These are really very simple to make, and are such a nice touch if you're having a mix of appetizers out for a party. I printed the titles off on colored scrapbooking paper from my computer. The adorable font is called "jellyka estrya's handwriting" and you can download it for free from dafont.com (Warning: if you like browsing fonts, and downloading new ones, this site is super addicting!). The little swirlys above the titles were just a random wingdings-type font I downloaded awhile ago. Cut out the words, cut strips of patterned paper and you're almost there. I made the strips twice as long as I would need to nicely center the text. Fold in half and then fold up each end about a 1/2 inch so that it creates little "legs" for the card to stand on (see the middle picture above). For finishing touches I added little foam pads to the back of the text pieces so they stand out from the patterned paper (also see photo 2 above). And then there are color-coordinating sparkly gems that I used to dot i's and accent different letters.

Interested in something like this for your next party? Leave a comment, send an email, or convo me on Etsy and we'll get it all coordinated for you. As you can imagine, the possibilities are endless when designing these!

There's a lot happening so I'm sure I'll have more updates tomorrow. Have a lovely night!

Meg

1 comment:

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...