"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cynical Sentiments: Brace Yourselves!

Happy almost Wednesday! (Can you tell I'm ready for the long holiday weekend with neither job!?) Tonight I spent an insane amount of time posting my new "Cynical Sentiments" cards on Etsy. And, because my readers may have varying degrees of sensitivity and/or humor, I thought I should explain them before you go running to find them and get a little shock. Here's the premise of these cards: cute, simple, catchy fronts. For example:
But the insides are hilarious, unexpected and irreverent: 
I have 10 different ones posted on Etsy right now. The photos don't really do them justice this time--lighting was really off and I don't know what all to do with this crazy camera yet. But regardless, you'll get the idea. These came about with help from lots of people. This idea has seriously garnered more attention and excitement than any other thing I have ever created or discussed creating. There's probably at least half a dozen people quietly thinking of more sayings to use for this type of card. 


There seems to be a fair amount of the world that is tired with sappy, over-the-top cards that don't seem to convey the right fun message. And, apparently I hang out with a lot of cynical people who have a slight mean streak as well! (myself included) :) So I hope you enjoy them. I hope they're different from most anything you've seen before. Have fun with these! Don't take them too seriously. Here's another one for your viewing pleasure: 
Aaaaaand the inside: 








Also, check out the cards on Etsy and let me know if you have an idea for something that would work well on the inside of one of these cards. I'd love to share your creativity. Leave a comment below with your fun ideas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...