"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-
George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Helllooooo Business Cards

Hi Everyone!


It has been one rough, emotional week with Brian's band parent, Pete, passing away on Monday. But one cool thing has happened, and it's really made us feel like maybe God uniquely placed us at LaSalle solely for this period of time right now. And if it's for no other reason than what's happening now, I'd be completely fine with that. Pete's son and his girlfriend are just wonderful kids, and they've been reaching out to Brian and I for support. We are so thankful that they're reaching out to adults, and honored that they've chosen us to help them in any way we can. 


In other news, I have been super busy getting some loose ends tied up with the business. I ordered my first BUSINESS CARDS today! I feel so legitimate. It was extremely cool to be like "Oh, I'll upload my business's logo, thanks...." What's really awesome is the site where I ordered them: MOO. This site is incredible! They just strike me as the coolest, most down-to-earth people. I've decided to order my business cards in two phases. Tonight I got some "mini-cards," which are a fairly new thing (possibly started by these Moo people?). They're small, almost like calling cards. (If you don't read Victorian historical fiction like me, a calling card was something that would be left at a house if the family was out, or for a lady by a gentleman who had come calling [get it?] to spend time with her.) Today, sometimes there is just a name on it or maybe an email address or website as well. These little suckers are genius: sweet mini cards


Next, I'd like to get full-size business cards here: big guys!. The really amazing thing about this company is that they do sweet things to your business cards because they think it's fair to help make your product really nice at a reasonable price. They put them on a heavier premium stock, print 4/c process on both front and back at no extra charge. And there's this free thing called printfinity that allows you to upload up to 100 images that go on the back of your business cards. So you could put your entire portfolio on there, or samples of your cards, like I did. It rotates through them for whatever quantity you get. I also added some really nice photographs we have taken since we bought our good camera. And one or two cool things from our wedding. It took FOREVER to upload all those images and crop them correctly, but it was totally worth it. These are going to be so amazing. 


I took a page out of my Mom's online shopping book and googled "moo.com promotion codes" and found a 15% off code that worked! With the priority shipping I'm hoping they arrive by Friday. Hope to see you soon so I can show them off. ;-) 


And since I don't have any photos of the business cards yet, I'll post a photo that I put on the back of one. Isn't Vivienne such a babydoll? 






P.S. Aren't you glad I figured out how to change links into text for this post? It looks so much better than URLs hanging all over the place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments and feedback! Please take a quick moment to share your thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...